Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter Morning

Several years ago, Loren and Samuel gave me a beautifully framed print of this painting by Greg Olson.

I just love the feeling I get when I look at this painting. I especially love it on Easter morning!

I have been to the garden tomb. Words cannot discribe the feelings I had as I sat in the garden, as I stood by the tomb, and as I entered the tomb. There are many tourist sites in Israel that claim certain events actually took place on certain specific spots. However, when President Harold B. Lee visited the tomb in 1972 he said:
"This was the tomb where they laid Jesus."

As she wept outside His tomb, Mary Magdalene was the first person to whom the resurrected Christ appeared. Radiant in the early morning light, His hands and feet scarred from the nails, He stoops to comfort His friend: "On that first Easter morning, the Risen Lord, Himself, reassured a sad and questioning Mary Magdalene that He is real and that, yes, He lives!"
Greg Olsen

No comments: