Saturday, June 14, 2008

Flag Day
14 June 2008
I love our flag. Mine is flying high today. In March of 1959 Alaska joined the Union, then in August of '59, Hawaii became state #50. The 48 star flag needed to become a 49 star flag, and just months later it needed to have 50 stars. Years ago, when I was serving as Primary President, the Eleven-Year-Old Scoutmaster, Blaine Kemsley, would occasionally bring his 48 star flag to Primary. He would talk to the children about flag facts. I just loved that flag. About twenty years ago, I received a package in the mail and a note from Blaine. He wanted me to have his flag. Cool!

1 comment:

Kenneth and Valerie Romberg said...

OH yes, my love also, The Flag. As you all know, has a special meaning in my life also, and a room dedicated to it in my home. Your a Grand Ol' flag!!!
Love it CY.

Love, V