Wednesday, July 2, 2008

I've lost my marbles!
Marshall Tyler Harris was born one year ago today. Because his eyes were SO huge, he soon acquired the aka, Mr. Marbles. I thought his mama had big eyes when she was a baby, but Marshall's eyes are about twice as big as Ann's eyes. Well, maybe not twice as big, but bigger than I remember Ann's eyes. Today Marshall has "grown into" his eyes. They're still large, but they fit his chubby little face just fine.
Two weeks ago, I was able to spend a week with this special guy, while his mom and dad were asked to spend a few days being ma & pa to eight teenagers as they reenacted a Pioneer Trek. (When the Latter-day Saints longed to gather in the West from 1856 to 1860, handcarts were a means of helping them on their journey. Today, youth and adults seek to grasp the spirit of faith, courage and determination these saints represented. Many youth dress the part and pull handcarts over the original trial; others pull handcarts on land in their areas. No matter where they are, all who participate open themselves to having their hearts touched by the pioneers’ sacrifices and testimonies of the Savior. The first of the Mormon pioneers entered the Salt Lake Valley in July 1846. I never let a July go by without remembering my pioneer ancestors. I am forever grateful for their sacrifices.) While Ann and Tyler were trekking, I was having a great time with Mr. Marbles. Today Marshall is back with his family, and I have lost my marbles. I miss him! He is such a sweetie. Happy Birthday Marshall. You're one-year-old today.
Marshall, what big eyes you have! Look at those eyes. Compare Marshall's eyes to Jamison's eyes. And, BTW, Jamison's baby blues are not beady little eyes by any means.

No comments: