Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Thinking of Jack

I’m thinking of little baby Jack today.

There are some events that happen, that are so life changing, that one never forgets where and when they heard the news. Jack's birth, was one of these events.

I was anticipating the phone call announcing Jack’s arrival. Elizabeth had gone into labor just days before I was scheduled to fly to Iowa. I had hoped to actually be there for Jack’s birthday. We had planned as best we could, but Jack came a few days early. Elizabeth labored through the night. We had even talked a couple of times during her labor. I will never forget answering the early morning phone call, only to hear the sobs of my daughter, as she tried her best to explain what had happened. My heart has never been more broken. I am thankful for my knowledge and unwavering belief in the great Plan of Happiness.

Baby Jack would have been 9 months old today!

I miss Jack, but more than that, I miss seeing Jack in the arms of his mother and father. One day, because of the wonderful Plan of Salvation, I will see baby Jack being held by his faithful and loving parents. What a joyous sight that will be, and all sorrow will be swept away.

No comments: