Monday, April 18, 2011

Sarah Marshall Vidal

From Sarah ~

Beverly June Bishop

07 August 1925 - 18 April 2011

I've only known one grandparent in my life. Grandma Bishop. My mom texted me at 6 a.m. last Monday and told me to call her. I knew why she was calling. Grandma had died. The next hours and days were very emotionally draining as we began making final preparations for Gigi. Grandma was old. It was her time to go. But, that doesn't make it an easier to say goodbye to someone you've known your whole life.
Grandma has three daughters and 15 grandchildren. They were all able to drop everything and attend the funeral for Grandma. It was a great day. Everything was perfect.

Grandma's ten grandsons.Pallbearers.
The Kelley Family

The Marshall Family
The Romberg Family


Grandma has lived down the street from me at my mom's house for the last 7 years. It will be different without her. My children will miss her too.


Because of Jesus Christ, and Heavenly Father's great plan of happiness, we know that death is not the end. Because Christ was resurrected, we too will be resurrected. We will be reunited with our loved ones when we are finished with this earthly life. Grandma Bishop has reunited with loved ones who have preceded her in death. How special that reunion must be going.
'Till we meet again Gigi. We love you.

No comments: