Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Father's Day

He's my dad ~ Cecil Roy Bishop

Dad taught me lots of stuff. Today, on Father's Day, I am remembering that he taught me to paint. He was not an artist. He was a painter. Every year he let me paint my bedroom the color of my choice. To this day, I love the smell of fresh paint. Paint today doesn't smell nearly as wonderful as paint in the olden times. Painting a room is one of the easiest ways to have a new look and feel to the room, kinda like getting a new hair style can give you a new look and feel. My dad was the neatest painter I have ever known. He didn't drip paint any where! And his hair, well it was always in place. He was just a neat guy all the way around. I look forward to seeing my dad again, because families are forever, and he has probably been doing some really neat things these past (almost) thirty years!

No comments: