Wednesday, February 1, 2012

So Sad

Brent Darren Marshall
29 April 1967 - 1 February 2012

Two weeks ago tonight I received a terrible phone call. I am still hurting, and I am an extended family member. I cannot even imagine how immediate family members are feeling. Life can be so hard for some. We all have our trials. Some seem to have a harder time than others. This life is definitely a test. Not only am I thankful for the plan of salvation, but am thankful I have knowledge of the plan and even more thankful that I believe the plan.
I remember the day Brent was born. I remember his blessing day. I remember the testimony that his dad bore that Fast Sunday. I have so many sweet and tender memories of Brent. It is hard for me to realize he is gone. I am sad, so sad.

The Stake President gave perhaps the best funeral talk I think I have ever heard. I am going to post it here so I can read it again from time to time. I spoke with President Hall after the funeral. He takes no credit for the talk. He believes the words he shared were personally revealed to him. His words were very comforting.

No comments: