Monday, April 7, 2008

You must've been a beautiful baby...
...'cause baby look at you now!
A great big HAPPY BIRTHDAY goes out to Tyson!

He is so very handsome!
I remember so very well the night this boy was born. He was born on Sunday evening, after General Conference, and after Sacrament Meeting. We listened to General Conference on the radio, as we sat outside, in the backyard. We were renting the home of the Patriarch, who was away with his wife, serving a mission. At 6:00 PM, we were attending Sacrament Meeting. Yes, "back in the day" we had Sacrament Meeting, in the evening, after the last session of General Conference. We were sitting on the back row. There was a sister giving a talk, and she called on several people from the congregation to come up and hold her pictures. Yes, she had visual aids! I don't know if it was against policy back then to have visual aids, but it sure is today. She called on Terry to go hold one of her pictures. I couldn't believe it! I was sitting there, trying to quietly work my way through the first stages of labor, and there went Terry. Good grief, I was debating even going to Sacrament Meeting, and now Terry was heading up to the stand. Oh boy! Well, 7:30 PM came, and the Sacrament meeting ended. We were headed out, and one of my friends, Carma Bean said: "Be sure to call me when you go to the hospital, and I will watch Tad." I told her, that we would be heading to the hospital very soon. We went home, Carma came and picked up Tad, and we headed to the hospital. Tyson made his appearance a few minutes after 11:00 PM. He was three days early. To this day he would rather be early than late! Every Spring, at General Conference time I relive, in my mind, that great day when Tyson left his heavenly home to join us here on earth.
I stand in awe that I got to be his mom!

No comments: