Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Isn't this a beautiful painting?
My all time favorite artist is my wonderful brother-in-law. Bob currently has an exhibition (June 3 - June 30)
at the B.F. Larson Gallery
in the Harris Fine Arts Center at Brigham Young University
~~This powerful abstract painting is one from Bob's series entitled “Resurrection.” In this painting I can just feel the power of Christ’s atonement. The lace covered table alludes to the significance of the sacrament in our lives. The red, of course, is symbolic of the Savior's blood, which was shed for all. This painting has so much symbolism. I love it!
~~Bob's love is landscapes. All of his paintings are fabulous. Some paintings just take your breath away, while others draw you in and seem to beckon you to enter. I love his landscapes. But, my all time favorite painting is the one above. At one time, this painting hung in my home. It was a focal point and a fabulous conversation piece to any who entered. Many times, after a particularly hectic day of mothering, when the house was finally quiet, I would sit and gaze at this painting. My thoughts would ascend and peace would abound. It was wonderful. Today, the painting is being enjoyed by many others. Thanks brother Bob for sharing!

No comments: