Friday, June 6, 2008

click to read great article
"If you had already been born and were a member of the Church, June 9, 1978, you remember in vivid detail exactly where you were the minute you heard that President Spencer W. Kimball had received a revelation extending the priesthood to all worthy males." I do vividly remember where I was when I heard this news. Sarah was just six weeks old. I had just finished feeding her. I laid her down, and the phone rang. It was my friend Kris Scullin. She asked: "Have you heard the news?" Chills of excitement ran up and down my spine, as she relayed to me the breaking news from Salt Lake City. I never would have imagined this would happen in my lifetime. Twenty-five years later, Elder Samuel A. Marshall would serve his mission in Zimbabwe. What a wonderful blessing. As my Baptist friends would say: "Thank you, Jesus!"

No comments: