Saturday, August 16, 2008

Triathlon Recap
The results are in, and our family participants are definitely winners!

The village was packed with people, and there was excitement in the air. As for me, when it was time for the awards ceremony, I was exhausted!!! It was not an easy feat to push that stroller up and down those hills, and keep our group of eight little people together. I was at the water's edge, as the swimmers dove into the lake. Our four athletes had three different wave start times. After they were all swimming, I ran over to the spot where they came out of the lake. I snapped some more photos, and from there, I hustled over to a spot on the bike trail to get some more shots as they whizzed by on their bikes. Then it was time to head over to help our "fun runners" get registered for their event. We pinned on their bibs, got them to their starting line, and they were off and running. When the fun run was over, we headed to the finish line so we could be there to cheer for our triathletes as they crossed the line. And cheer we did! The entire event was SO much fun. AND, I really wasn't exhausted. I had a blast!



Here's an article from the Mountain News
Here are the Race Results

1 comment:

Elizabeth J. said...

Looks like you all had a great time, and congrats to the participants.

"Wish we could have been there".

I find myself saying that a lot lately.