Thursday, September 11, 2008

~I will NEVER forget~11 September 2001
Sometimes an event occurs, and you forever remember where you were when it happened, and how you heard the news. Because I am old, I have quite a few of these very memorable events ingrained in my brain. Today, I remember where I was, and what I was doing, when I heard the news of the first airplane hitting one of the Twin Towers. I was teaching Seminary. Becca Wood, walked into class late. As she walked in, she said: "Sister Marshall, a plane has just crashed into one of the Twin Towers in New York City, and they think it could have been terrorists." It was soon time to end class. I quickly headed home and turned on the television, and watched in total horror as the events continued to unfold.

This morning, I am listening to the names of the victims being read at the memorial service at ground zero. The pain and emotion continues. People who lost loved ones, are reading the names. Many times they will add a comment after they read the name of their family member. Some say: "We miss you." "We love you." "Until we meet again." I am thankful for The Plan of Salvation, and thankful for my sure knowledge of the truthfulness of the Plan.

The beautiful Conference Center, was dedicated just ten months before the attack on 9/11. I remember at the time, when I heard President Hinckley say these words in the dedicatory prayer: "Preserve it from conflict and acts of terrorism." I thought to myself, that is a strange thing to say. Guess not!


(Ann, Loren and me)This was a photo taken in downtown Las Vegas, at the memorial service held on Friday night, September 14, 2001. The little girl is the daughter of one of my co-workers.

No comments: