Monday, October 13, 2008

Totally Spaced it...
Baptism font in the old cathedral of Barcelona, Spain.
Indians brought back by Columbus were baptized here.
My debit card has been used by someone other than me three times, in as many months. Yesterday, I drove over to the bank to get yet another debit card. The door was locked, and the bank was closed. The sign in the window said: "Closed in observance of Columbus Day". Sadly, I don't think I would have remember Columbus today, had I not gone to the closed bank.

In the Book of Mormon, Nephi records: "And I looked and beheld a man among the Gentiles, who was separated from the seed of my brethren by the many waters: and I beheld the Spirit of God, that it came down and wrought upon the man; and he went forth upon the many waters, even unto the seed of my brethren, who were in the promised land" (1 Ne. 13:12). That man, was Christopher Columbus. Columbus recorded: “With a hand that could be felt, the Lord opened my mind to the fact that it would be possible to sail and he opened my will to desire to accomplish the project. … This was the fire that burned within me. … Who can doubt that this fire was not merely mine, but also of the Holy Spirit … urging me to press forward?”

So...Family Home Evening could have been about Christopher. Could have had (round) pizza for dinner. Could have...
Because Columbus was led, we are here in this choice land today. I'm thankful for Columbus.

No comments: