Monday, March 30, 2009

A Name and a Blessing

CONLEY MARSHALL VIDALConley Marshall Vidal
is
officially on the records of The Church

Sunday, 29 March 2009, Conley was given a name and a blessing by his father. My mind took a photograph. I was standing in the back with “little” Marshall Harris, who was making some noise as I was holding him on my lap, but was very quiet, with his head on my shoulder as I stood up with him. Our family members, who hold the Melchizedek Priesthood, headed up to the front of the chapel to encircle sweet little baby Conley. It was quite a sight seeing those worthy men head to the front of the chapel to assist in this ordinance.

All of a sudden, into my mind popped this thought: Terry is up there! I had the distinctive impression that Terry was up in the circle. Of course I couldn’t see him, but the feeling that came over me was powerful. I really don’t know how things like that work, but I do know that Terry never missed any family events. Why would he miss the blessing of his grandson? We have been told that the Spirit World is “right here”, not somewhere way out there in Space gazillion miles away!
????????????????????????????????????????????????????

No comments: