Thursday, August 6, 2009

Happy Birthday Ter'

It's his birthday, and I miss him.
This is a photo of Silver Lake in the High Sierras. I uploaded it from Google Images. Prefect photo.

This grainy photo is one I took of Terry, when we were camping at Silver Lake. It was the summer of '71. Back in the day, you had to put film into the camera, and thread the film just right. After the 8, 12, 24 or 36 photos were taken, the film had to be taken out of the camera very carefully, and the film could not be exposed to any light. Then the film had to be taken to photo lab to be developed in a darkroom. You even had to wait for about a week for the film to be developed and printed. There was no such thing as the "one hour photo", and the word digital wasn't even in my vocabulary. I like our digital world.

And here is Terry's high school graduation photo. He "was just seventeen, you know what I mean". WOW - what a hunk. I loved him so much then, but my love for him today is off the charts. There was no "Photoshop" then, but the photographer always made our freckles and blemishes disappear. I can't even image how good we will all look when we get our perfect bodies. I am really looking forward to seeing this big guy again.

2 comments:

Mr. Mustachio said...

Totally see Loren in those pictures.

p.s. odedun

L.S.Marshall said...

I miss him too Mom. Was he asking if you got your tickets when you took the Silverwood pictures?