Friday, August 7, 2009

Because she is MY mother...

M.O.T.H.E.R.
Four generations: My great grandfather Headman, my grandmother Rich,
my mother and me.
This photo was taken on my Blessing Day.
~
Today is my mother's birthday. My mother is grumpy. She has been dealt some pretty rough blows in her lifetime. She is snippy, and feels very justified with her curtness. That said, I am thankful she's my mother. She has taught me many life lessons. I did not, and will not have to experience so many situations, because I was able to learn tons of stuff, just by observation.

I like this phrase: "ALL THINGS CONSIDERED" (NPR)

In the final judgment things will work out just fine. So... Happy Birthday Mother Dear!

2 comments:

Mr. Mustachio said...

Boom! Roasted!
Going to grandma's was always one of my favorite things growing up.
p.s. whoomens (I think it is ebonics).

Debra said...

By the looks of that picture Nordstrom's is needed...

P.S. outlya