Tuesday, October 11, 2011

I AM A CHRISTIAN

Mitt Romney and Jon Huntsman, both members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, are running for President of the United States. Some really ugly stuff is being said about "Mormons" right now. The latest comes from a Baptist pastor in Dallas, Texas, with a congregation of 10,000. He states that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is a cult (therefore inherently evil) and certainly 'not Christian'. How sad!


For the record: I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I AM A CHRISTIAN. I believe in Christ. I believe Jesus is the literal Son of God, the promised Messiah of the Old Testament and the Resurrected Lord of the New Testament. He is the Savior of the World. He is my personal Savior. I am trying to be like Jesus. Every day I mess up, but I continue to try to be like Him. I love Him.


I am thankful for my pioneer ancestors who found the truth and embraced it. Without them, I think I would be like so many who are looking for the truth but know not where to find it.


As the persecutions continues and worsens in the last days, I like these words and I believe these words: "...no unhallowed hand can stop the work from progressing; persecutions may rage, mobs may combine, armies may assemble, calumny may defame, but the truth of God will go forth boldly, nobly, and independent, till it has penetrated every continent, visited every climb, swept every country and sounded in every ear, till the purposes of God shall be accomplished and the Great Jehovah shall say the work is done" (History of the Church 4:540)


And this is one of my very favorite scriptures:

" And moreover, I say unto you, that there shall be no other name given nor any other way nor means whereby salvation can come unto the children of men, only in and through the name of Christ, the Lord Omnipotent." Mosiah 3: 17

I look forward to, and anticipate His majestic return, when all will be made right and every knee will bow and every tongue confess that Jesus is the Christ. I love HIM.

No comments: